(no subject)
Jul. 17th, 2003 02:20 amMy angel is still naked, but he's fallen asleep on the couch with a towel on, so that's at least something, right? I've changed my name and named him Michael, as he's an angel of ice, and that seems appropriate here. Besides, the angel of vengeance is Azreal, and I'm not naming an angel after a character on the Smurfs. Who was the angel at the gates of Eden with a fiery sword? was he named?
Nothing new to report as far as TOS goes. It's still at one crit, and I'm impatient, but only because I want to get it subbed someplace soon. I feel like I'm running on fumes, submission wise, lately. So if it's intrinsically flawed, everyone can take their time critting it, but if there's nothing that has to be fixed yet, I want to know so I can get it out there to earn its keep. Oh, and this means any Clarionites or others who want it should let me know and I'll send it out. You probably haven't read it--it was a submission story, now rewritten and hopefully much better.
Oh, and amusement of the night. At the library today, we picked up a copy of The Satanic Nurses, and it was hysterical. David Foster Wallace's parody "infinite pest" was almost as good as the love letter that The Onion found. (footnote 10: Okay, now we're just doing this to annoy you). And the titles are perfect. "Angela's Eyelashes." "A backbreaking work of staggering thinness" "She's a Right Ho, Jeeves" It's in my mom's library bag, but I'll probably have to snag it and read it myself this week.
Nothing new to report as far as TOS goes. It's still at one crit, and I'm impatient, but only because I want to get it subbed someplace soon. I feel like I'm running on fumes, submission wise, lately. So if it's intrinsically flawed, everyone can take their time critting it, but if there's nothing that has to be fixed yet, I want to know so I can get it out there to earn its keep. Oh, and this means any Clarionites or others who want it should let me know and I'll send it out. You probably haven't read it--it was a submission story, now rewritten and hopefully much better.
Oh, and amusement of the night. At the library today, we picked up a copy of The Satanic Nurses, and it was hysterical. David Foster Wallace's parody "infinite pest" was almost as good as the love letter that The Onion found. (footnote 10: Okay, now we're just doing this to annoy you). And the titles are perfect. "Angela's Eyelashes." "A backbreaking work of staggering thinness" "She's a Right Ho, Jeeves" It's in my mom's library bag, but I'll probably have to snag it and read it myself this week.
no subject
Date: 2003-07-16 11:24 pm (UTC)According to Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman in Good Omens his name was Aziraphale...*g*
And there is slashfic out there about him! And Crowley! Must fight visual, must fight visual. Avant!
no subject
Date: 2003-07-17 02:17 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2003-07-17 03:53 am (UTC)Re:
Date: 2003-07-17 11:46 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2003-07-17 12:46 pm (UTC)